Solved: Access Report Expression

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

karlhaywood

Account Closed
Hi, i have a report that shows unpaid invoices. I have a problem getting the total of all upaid invoices. I use this expression in the reports footer =sum([total])

The problem i have that it is only showing me the total of the last invoice not the total of all invoices.
any help will be appreciated.

OBP

Karl, are the Invoices "Records" or "Subreports" on the main report?
Ensure that the Sum field is actually in the Footer Section.

OBP

OK, try this instead, add a copy of the Total Field to the Detail Section, (once tested it can be hidden), in the new Field's Data tab set the Running Sum property to "Over all".
This should give you running total which in the last record should be the overall sum, so if you set your current footer sum field to the new field (without the sum) it should show the last value.

karlhaywood

Account Closed
I think thats why it dont work beacuse i havent set the sum property to "Over all" Could that be the answer?

OBP

No, that gives a running sum in the Record Field, hence the new field.

karlhaywood

Account Closed
Brilliant that worked thanks Tony. Also on my form i have a command button when pressed runs a query i get the parameter box to add the invoice number when i have added the number and click ok it brings up my report with all the information in. Is there a way of pressing the button and skipping out the parameter box??

OBP

Providing you want the Record that you are on (Current record) replace the Criteria row with
forms![Formname]![ID fieldname]

where Formname is the name of the Form and ID fieldname is the name of the ID Field, make sure it goes in the ID field in the query.
Or use
forms![Formname]![Invoice Number fieldname]
to use the Invoice Number field,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online