Solved: Access Report

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

computerman29642

I have an Access report that I would like to seperate by the month. On the report, I have a date type field that I would liek to use to seperate by months. I then would like to take an average based on a certain filed for each month.

How would I go about doing this?

OBP

Do you want to see all of months at the same time or just the chosen month?

OBP

Well it would take 2 queries and 2 seperate reports, or One report with a Subreport.
The first showing all Months would use a Crosstab Query whereas the second would just use a Select Query with a month Filter on it.

computerman29642

Well it would take 2 queries and 2 seperate reports, or One report with a Subreport.
The first showing all Months would use a Crosstab Query whereas the second would just use a Select Query with a month Filter on it.
How about the second option. Use a select query with a month filter.

OBP

Are you going to calculate the Average on the Report or in the Query?

computerman29642

I need it to display on the report. Which way would it be better to perfrom the average, on the report or query?

computerman29642

Would you like for me to e-mail you the database? It is the same one that I have already sent you, but with some additions.

OBP

yes you might as well, with an explanation of what you want to summarize/Average.
You can add a post on here to say what you did later.

OBP

Chris, I have added "Month" Column based on the Receive Date and also added a Val() to your turnaround calculation to change it from days to a Value so that it can be Averaged.
I have redone your Report (new one is turnaround1) by adding Grouping based on the new Month Field and added Average of the Turnaround for both the Groups and Overall.

You could have each month on It's own Page(s), i.e. force a Page after each Group Footer if you wanted.

PS it is a "Raw" report, i will leave the fancy formatting to you. :D

computerman29642

Tony, the report looks GREAT! I really appreciate your help on the database.

Would it be possible to do the same for the Max turnaround as you did for the average?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online