1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: access Webpage on pc but not on another pc

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rgwelch002, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rgwelch002

rgwelch002 Thread Starter

I have a XP Pro machine that I can access a certain Webpage. I have another machine running XP Home ,this machine can't access the same site. It gives a error message of "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading"
    Seems like this should be easy to fix. What should I do? THANKS again for having a wonderful TECH Site.I have learned a lot from this site!

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor

Providing more or less ALL other pages load on the XP Home computer then I would suggest it is either being timed out as an add-on is required ie: Java etc OR the Firewall on the XP home does not accept that sort of webpage - ie a security issue. etc .
    Is the browser the same on both, if so are the add-ons etc the same on both.
    ARE ALL pages SLOW to load on the XP Home, albeit this one does not load.
    In summary -
    1 what is the page if you are willing to provide the address pls do so.
    2.Check add-ons
    3.Clear browser history
    4.Check security settings

3. rgwelch002

THANKS Macboatmaster for your quick reply. As for your questions here goes.All other site loads good.Both pc's have the same browser(FireFox 3.16.13).Each has about the same add-ons.Security settings are the same. I don't know exactly where to clear History. THANKS again!The site in question is www.ChattChitto.com. I hope this helps you figure out my problem.

4. Macboatmaster

Description:
    ChattChitto Free Full Direct Downloads: Movies - Music - E-books - Programs - Games. - Torrents And One-Click File-Hosting

I suspect your anti-virus, firewall may be doing you a favour.
    NOT a site with an excellent standing in fact some reports of malware included in offered downloads.
    Certainly one I would NOT use.

5. Macboatmaster

Further to the above
    http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/chattchitto.com

and
    Tools on Firefox, Clear recent history.

However this is far more effective, perfectly safe and uses no resources. Click Firefox on the top bar when installed.
    then clicking on select all, but be aware that this WILL delete any saved web passwords, but it will not delete your favourites or bookmarks.
    http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=25

6. rgwelch002

Macboatmaster, I found where the history was and cleared all. Still can't access that webpage. The site is not important I am the type of guy that wants to learn for furture reference.

7. Macboatmaster

8. rgwelch002

THANKS Macboatmaster, I will run the ATF once in awhile.I seen where the site server was down. And you are right about this site being a "problem site". I am going to delete this one. And thanks again for your help. Have a good productive day!

9. Macboatmaster

OK.
    The use of the site is of course your decision.
    If you got into that link I sent you OK.
    You will also get into the site OK after you have used ATF.
    It is probably, depending on how you are trying to access the site - the cache in Firefox.
    Clean with ATF and you MAY find you do not have a problem.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/981996