Solved: accessibility wizard error message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Merula

I have windows 98se and want to use a podcast aggregate program with my mp3 player. I've found one that is compatible with win 98, (nimiq.) After I download it to my desktop, when I try to open it, I get the following error message--" There was a problem loading the file specified when running the Accessibility Wizard"-- before I had this problem, I had had the accwiz.exe off and I got an error message that said I needed ACCWIZ.EXE in order to use the program. I don't know what to do and would like to be able to download podcasts.

If it's telling you that ACCWIZ.EXE is required go to:

Control Panel > Add\Remove > Windows Setup Tab > Accessibilty > Details Button > Accessibility Tools.

Put a checkmark to install ACCWIZ.EXE. You'll need your Windows 98 cd handy.

Merula

Yes, I double-checked and I do have it installed. I even used the magnifier to make sure. I am getting the message "There was a problem loading the file specified when running the accessibility wizard." This is whenever I try to open nimiq---(or any other aggregator I've ever downloaded.)

It might be a problem with the program itself, do you have the latest fixed version 1.42.2 from January 5th? If so that comes in a zip file, after extracting and attempting to install the program are you getting a request that you need the .Net Framework or is that already on your system?

Merula

I downloaded the newest version of Nimiq on january 7th. I also checked and I do have the Net Framework.

Merula

I figured it out. I thought about your question about which version of nimiq I had. I had played with the accessibility wizard, checked my windows updates, reinstalled nimiq but nothing worked. I tried downloading another program unrelated to podcasts and had the same error message. I realized that the common denominator was the fact that they were zip files. I downloaded the newest version of WinZip from download.com and I was able to open Nimiq without any problems. Thanks for taking the time to help me explore the possible reasons for my difficulty. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online