1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Accidentally Uninstalled HDD Driver! Good news is that I haven't restarted ye

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pawn3d, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pawn3d

Pawn3d Thread Starter

So I was having driver problems with my DVD drive and accidentally uninstalled the HARD DRIVER DRIVER! From everything I've read, my computer is not going to start up, but the good news is that it said the changes will take effect after I restart and I haven't restarted it. I'm still in logged on!

So I tried to roll back the driver but it said "You cannot roll back the driver for this device at this time because it is in the process of being removed" How do I stop this? Is there a process I can kill that will allow me to reinstall my driver?

I feel so stupid, I just pwn3d myself.

2. Pawn3d

Pawn3d Thread Starter

ok, all is fine. it automatically reinstalled the driver.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!