Solved: accidentally uninstalled wifi adapter, can't reinstall HELP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pfeix

Hi,
My grandson is getting ready to enter his senior year of high school. They have been given the Aspire 3830-T TimelineX with Windows 7 Professional installed on it.

He is not supposed to download any programs on this notebook, but he did. So, he went into the control panel and uninstalled some things. Included in this was something called Babylon and also his Atheros wifi adapter. He has tried system restore and it will not work at all.

I went to look at the system recovery and it doesn't go back to the date he did this, nor before. So, I don't know how to reinstall this for him and get him back onto wireless.

PLEASE help me or he could end up suspended from school.
Thank you so very much.

Pam
:(

You should probably bring this to the attention of the school's tech support or help desk, most high schools have at least one person in the district for tech support and troubleshooting.

I'm guessing this a school-wide image used on all the laptops like the one your grandson was given. Messing around with it any further might get him into trouble. Just ask the tech support to fix his wireless problem and leave it at that.

pfeix

The school didn't take it off, he did by accident to keep them from seeing he had downloaded anything else. He is terrified of going to tech support because he will be suspended for 3 days. He came to me because he has a bad situation at his home. I am just trying to help him get his wifi back so he can get through his classes and such. Thank you for your time.

System recovery does not work, not at any point back....so I don't know what to do.
I went to the Acer website and tried downloading drivers, but since the adapter isn't showing up in the device manager, I don't know how to get it back.

Thanks again.

:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online