1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Acer aspire 5740-5780 network driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mikswmn31, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mikswmn31

mikswmn31 Thread Starter

I have an acer aspire 5740-5780. running windows 7. recently my laptop crashed and I had to restore. unfortunately i could not use the Acer recovery tool on start up to recover and one of the recovery disc I made when i gt the laptop is missing. So I reformated with my windows 7 retail disc.. all drivers installed with the reformat except for the networking driver.Now usualy when I reformt using my windows retail disc all I have to do is go to the manufacturer's site, and download the drivers orginaly shipped with the laptop. But i can't seem to find my model on the Acer site.

In device manager the only thing listed in networks is the wireless. However, under other devices i have a yellow question mark next to the eternet controller and PCI communcations driver. it dosen't tell me the name of my lan device. Does anyone know where i can find a list of drivers and stuff that was shipped with my acer aspire laptop/???

Also a few weeks after i reformated my computer my automatic windows update stoped working i gt the error code 80072EFE when i try to update my laptop using the windows update.
    Whats up with that? anyone know???

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

The Acer Aspire 5740 is listed on this Acer site: http://support.acer.com/drivers_download.aspx
    And all the drivers appear to be there as well. Make sure to install all the drivers and applications.

As for the Windows error, lets see if that clears up after the drivers are installed.

3. mikswmn31

mikswmn31 Thread Starter

I gt everything up and working correctly. But I still gt the error code 80072EFE when trying to gt automatic updates

4. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Make sure you don't have a proxy set. Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools -> Internet Options -> click on the Connections tab. Click on LAN Settings button and uncheck everything on this page.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/933409