1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Acer Aspire 5750z "stuck" during system restore (recovery)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by big_mac-6591, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. big_mac-6591

big_mac-6591 Thread Starter

I started to do a full system recovery on my son's Acer Aspire 5750z, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit using the (4) Recovery DVD's we made when we bought it. Everything was working fine through the first three discs. I was called away while the third disc was in use (maybe 10 minutes) and when I got back to the machine, the window was up asking me to remove disc 3 and insert disc 4. I did, and in the 4 hours and 15 minutes since then, nothing has happened. The Acer eRecovery Management (v8.3.2) Window is up. Step 5 "Restore Progres" is highlighted. The elapsed time counter is continuing to run (currently at 5 hours 8 minutes and counting), the "Restoring System" bar is full and shows 100%, and the "Updating System" bar is stuck at 2%, which is where it was when I put in the 4th disc. I am tempted to shut down the laptop and start all over again, but I am afraid that it will mess something up if I do...what should I do at this point?

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

big_m:
    Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

Why?

I am NOT, sadly an expert with the Acer recovery program.

I don't know if stopping & restarting will damage your computer.

Which service pack of W7 HP 64 bit?

Logically, what choices have you; wait for X # of hours, or shut it down?

If you shut it down, boot to the W7 Recovery Environment & try a repair. It might find the files necessary to believe that W7 is currently installed.

Run Diags from Acer, that are probably built into the computer.

Which Acer Aspire 5750z? There seem to be multiple offerings.

There's a user guide here.
    http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=3681

RF123

3. big_mac-6591

big_mac-6591 Thread Starter

Rainforest,

Thanks for the info. I restarted and was able to get the computer to open the recovery program created by Acer, all seems to be well! I was just worried that shutting down in the middle of a system recovery would do damage that I couldn't repair. Thanks again!

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

Congratulations.

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088898

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice