1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Acer aspire one boots half an hour/hard drive D raw

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Simona1, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Simona1

Simona1 Thread Starter

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me with the problem I'm encountering and going mad. My acer aspire one happy few days ago died or so I thought. I apologize-I am a woman with no computer tech experience so please bear with me. After normal working day (I work online) the next morning it didn't start. No sound, normal, just acer logo and then black screen. After few attempts I just left it, and amazingly after more than half an hour it did boot. Everything looked normal-the greeting sound,the desktop with all icons,but when I try to click on something-computer either loads like for example 'my computer' 10 minutes, it does recognize USB drive but same-takes ages to open something or it freezes, so is impossible to work or do anything.

So with the help of friend who borrowed me computer I googled for solution but Im still in blind spot.

When I finally came after 40 minutes into disk management (since in my computer I see both hard drive C and D, but it doesn't show no data on D-but it was almost full) it shows following:

C: NTFS, Healthy, 97.41 Gb and free space 80.57 Gb
    D: RAW, Healthy,Primary partition, 200.33 Gb Capacity and free space same 200.33 Gb??????
    System reserved: NTFS, Healthy 356Mb and free 328 Mb

So my guess is that disk D which shows no data on - thankfully I back them before (I got S.M.A.R.T. virus attack - solved but maybe still something?), is the rotten apple and causing this slow respond and freezing of computer.

I have no idea what to do. For any advice from you I would be deeply grateful.

Thank you,
    Simona

2. pmciano

pmciano

What version of Windows are you running?

3. Simona1

Simona1 Thread Starter

windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

4. pmciano

pmciano

5. Simona1

Simona1 Thread Starter

Hello,
    thank u. Yes it was something with D. I format it and looks like all is good.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1069717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice