1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: acer aspire t310 won't complete setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by warbuc, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. warbuc

warbuc Thread Starter

my computer crashed and I ran acer cd's for setting up to factory specs. Everything on all three disc's went ok and window says we will take a few minutes to set up your computer.Bottom left says click next to continue botton right has ? or f1 for help.
    Problem is the green square with the word [next] is not there so I changed the hard drive and ran a fresh copy of another winows xp installation. The same result so can somebody tell me is this a motherboard problem?

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

You need to rule out cable by trying another one. I would also unplug everything except 1 hard drive and 1 cd drive...any added ram and all pci cards.

3. warbuc

warbuc Thread Starter

Thankyou will try as you suggest

4. warbuc

warbuc Thread Starter

I do not understand PM so please forgive if I am doing wrong.
    Have changed all ide cables,hdd.and also dvd drive to cd-rom drive. Still same result. Have legend nvfx5200 card in agp slot. If I remove this I do not know how to have onboard display working.Looks like I only have cpu,bios,or motherboard to replace to find problem?
    Regards Ian Warren PS as I am retired I have lots of time to apply any suggetions

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Onboard should work if you pull the agp card out.

6. warbuc

warbuc Thread Starter

Problem solved. I feel a little silly but maybe this will help others .
    When setup reached "lets take a few minutes to set up your computer" I used moniter vetical to adjust screen and the back, skip,and next buttons moved into veiw, so really they were there all the time,just hidden from view.

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Good one, why not close the thread now!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539460

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice