1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Acer desktop won't start

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EyeKnitHelp, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EyeKnitHelp

EyeKnitHelp Thread Starter

My half a year old acer Predator G3-605 wouldn't boot. When I turn it on, it shows the Acer explore beyond limitsTM logo on the screen for 2 minutes. Below the logo are 5 white dots that spins around to form a circle which I assume it means that it's loading. There's also "Press Del to enter setup"* at the bottom which appears for only 3 seconds. After the 2 minutes, it shows a blue screen that says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you" for 2 seconds. Then, the screen turns black and shows no sign of changing. I left it for like an hour but it's still black.
    To add on, of the 3 white lights around the On button, only 1 is lit, which is the one on the bottom left of the triangle. Plus, its not even consistent. It keeps blinking. After some time when the screen is black, the light disappears.
    I restarted numerous times but it's still the same. I tried unplugging the monitor, power cord and all USB devices and hold the On button for half a minute. When I reconnected the power cord, it's still the same problem.
    I'm now out of ideas. Any suggestions?

Edit: So today I tried turning it on and it turned out a little different. The screen displays the Acer explore beyond limitsTM logo for 5 seconds and then it changes to a black screen with the words: "Reboot and select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected device and press a key". I'm no expert so I don't understand. Does anyone care to help? What does Boot Device and Boot Media mean?

Edit 2: I connected my keyboard and now it turns out different. It displays the screen at the Acer explore beyond limitsTM logo and it says at the bottom: "preparing automatic repair". It then turns into a black screen and stays there.

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Boot the computer using the original Windows installation DVD, when you get to the "Install now" page, click the link "Repair my pc".
    Allow the process to complete than reboot.

3. marbski

marbski

it seems your hard drive is not detected,, try to pull it up then plug it in back in to place see what happens,,, if not try used another data cable... last is change your power supply...

4. vembutech

vembutech Banned

As said it seems to be issue with your hard drive. Can try with some other one which might help you or check the drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144397

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice