1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Acer Extensa 4420 factory reset

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Ninja_needles, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ninja_needles

Ninja_needles Thread Starter

So i've looked up and i can't really find any useful info on how to reset my Acer laptop back to factory settings. the info i did find doesn't really help. If anyone could help me out with this it would be much appreciated. I have tried methods i've found online but with no luck. and for some reason my restore points have been erased so theres no way to backdate anymore...

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

did you get any recovery Cds with the machine

Also lets see if it has a recovery partition
    start
    control panel
    admin tools
    compute rmanagement
    disk management
    post back an image of the disks
    To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
    To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
    --------------------------

Where you asked to create any Recovery CDs when you first used the PC

EDIT
    user manual here
    http://www.acer.co.uk/acer/service....tx1g.c2att92=122&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2980211862

you have an Acer eRecovery Manager - that should reset to factory default - Page 44

3. Ninja_needles

this is the screenshot that you requested. and no i did not get any recovery cd's with my laptop

Attached Files:

4. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

that 9.77GB partition is probably the recovery partition , as the manual mentions a 10GB hidden partition for recovery

so all the details to use that are above

you can also create some recovery DVDs from the partition - again all in the manual posted

5. Ninja_needles

Thank you very much i hope this is helpful.

6. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

post back anything you dont understand - but should be straight forward

Remember it will remove all your data - so you do need to make sure its all backed up

7. Ninja_needles

Thanks man that helped alot. and apparently it only reset one of the two hard drives on my laptop but thats cool. thanks again man.

8. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

thats interesting, usually would delete the partitions and reformat - as your 2nd Drive is part of the one physical drive you have -

anyway - (y) if it all works now, would you mark solved, button at top of your first post

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/899356