1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: acer extensa 4420 wont is glitching out

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kariz123, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kariz123

kariz123 Thread Starter

so my acer extensa 4420 was not turning on and doing the turn on for 2 seconds turn off then turn on for 2 seconds and fail to load bios problem.I got it to turn on properly once and did a factory reset immediately.my pc worked fine for a couple of weeks
    now when i turn it off it just stays on doing nothing.the power light is on but the computer doesn't do anything when i press any of the buttons.when this problem happend the not turning off one i did the only thing i could do and pulled the battery out. as soon as i did this the problem first mentioned at the top happend agan. i did soem stuff like hard reset and it worked again but not sure if i will have to keep facotry reseting and hard reseting to keep it working or if there is a simple solution please help

2. PCTechnican

PCTechnican

is the CPU over heating? Im not sure if im reading you post properly as I don't quite understand what your problem is but it kind of sounds like a problem with the CPU getting hot It may be as simple as putting a dab of thermal past on it

3. kariz123

kariz123 Thread Starter

the problem is my pc wont turn off properly and im worried it will go back to not turning on if i take the battery out to turn it off.
    could u explain what the thermal past is about?

4. PCTechnican

PCTechnican

I don't believe this to be a CPU problem it sounds like the ACPI may have been disabled so you can check that in your BIOS settings. or there could be a corruption in your system file so use event viewer to see if it picks up any and try and do a quick sfc scan. there is a number of other things you can do such as boot to last known good configuration. if all that fails you may need to do a clean system install.

and thermal paste is a paste what is applied to the metal case of the CPU under the fan it works by filling in the groves on the case to stop trapped heat settling there therefore keeping the CPU cool

5. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    I had a similiar problem with a laptop not shutting off and it did all kinds of crazy things. it turned out to be a bad motherboard. you might want to check out that possibility.

6. kariz123

kariz123 Thread Starter

is it possible to check the motherboard myslef(if if is can u explain how?) or do i need a professional to do it?

7. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Ive been lucky when my boards have failed i pretty much knew thats what it was but for a second opinion i have computer repair friends who have told me if im right or not.So i would take it somewhere have it looked at and then you will know for sure what the exact problem is.

8. kariz123

kariz123 Thread Starter

ok thx

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1121485

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice