1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Acer H233H bmid won't power up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pdpotter, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pdpotter

pdpotter Thread Starter

I did not download and run sysinfo.exe, because I do not have a Windows computer, but I think my problem is not related to the type of computer I have.

I have had an Acer H233H bmid for several years; I use it as a second monitor for my iMac and it worked well. A few days ago, I purchased a new iMac. This morning I got around to powering up and connecting the Acer to my new iMac. I hit the power button on the Acer and nothing happened. I tried disconnecting the video cable and powering up the Acer; no luck.

I hope someone can tell me there's a reset button on the Acer. Any suggestions?

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Nothing on the Monitor at all ? Does it's power light come on ? Can you still try it with the older iMac ?

3. pdpotter

pdpotter Thread Starter

I got into a chat session with someone from Acer. He told me to drain the power for the monitor by unplugging everything and then holding the power button down for 30 seconds. When I plugged everything back in, it worked. Voila! Hope this helps someone else.

4. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting the solution.

Pleas mark this thread as Solved by clicking the button at the top of the page.

5. pdpotter

pdpotter Thread Starter

This problem has been solved, but I do not see a Solved button, so I am resorting to this method.

6. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    It may be under 'thread tools' dropdown.

EDIT : It's not a big deal, I can ask a Mod/Admin to do it if you can't find it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice