1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Acer on-screen display

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 4plus2, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4plus2

4plus2 Thread Starter

Hi, anyone know how to turn the acer aspire 3000 on-screen volume etc display back on? as somehow Ive manged to turn it off and cant see anywhere to turn it back on.

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

go to control panel choose sound an audio devices once there make sure "place volume icon in the taskbar is checked"

3. 4plus2

4plus2 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply but this is already ticked and is not what I was meaning.
    When I use the Fn key and volume up (up arrow) it used to show me on the screen that the volume is increasing. This is what no longer happens. Although the volume does increase.

4. 4plus2

4plus2 Thread Starter

I emailed Acer and got a reply the next day! Good support.
    Apparently its the "Launch Manager" app which does the on-screen display.
    I had turned off that app so ran it again so that it appeared in the system tray and I have the on-screen display back. Great.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/450678