1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Acer P236H Display Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ChemicalMonkey, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChemicalMonkey

ChemicalMonkey Thread Starter

Well, ive had this monitor for a month or so and its worked great till now. I shut it off, went to bed, woke up and turned it on and this happened

The screen still works just fine, everything is displayed right but it is duplicating the top 4 inches of the display on the bottom of the screen. Its not 100% overlay though, about 10% and the overlay flickers like crazy and its a bit jumpy. There is also a messed up vertical line the size of a pixel about 2/3rds in from the left side of the screen.

I figure its just a piece of crap monitor and its broke, but before i get a replacement i guess i can ask here if anyone has any suggestions on how to possibly fix it.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    First, check the Video Cable make sure it is securely plugged in at both ends. If it is and the symptoms are the same, see if you can borrow a different monitor to connect to your computer, if it too displays the same problem, then the problem is with in the computer itself, most likeley a problem with the video card.

3. ChemicalMonkey

ChemicalMonkey Thread Starter

Well, kinda looking for something not of the obvious for an answer here lol.

I've already switched the cords around, checked if it did it on DVI and VGA and hooked it up to my laptop. Still does it no matter what i do..

Its really odd though, if i leave the screen unchanged there is a pattern to the flickering and stuff which really puzzles me. When the pattern resets for a split second it goes back to normal then starts up again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977246

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice