1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Acrobat PDF Maker Server could not be loaded

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jamie1949, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jamie1949

jamie1949 Thread Starter

I have just rebuilt my computer and reloaded all my software, anoying issue this and one that has many posts on the web but no satisfactory solutions (at least, none that work for me!)

On all my office products (2002) Adobe pdf appears on the tool bar but will not convert a doc to pdf, get the message Acrobat PDF Maker Server could not be loaded. Before I reloaded all office products and Acrobat this option worked fine.

I also lost the adobe pdf option in IE8 browser which was there before.

I can print via distiller so I can sill make a pdf but it is convenient to use the pdf maker utility.

It seems to be a common problem and I have tried all the options on the Adobe support site to no avail. (done a repair to office, to adobe, made sure all the options were loaded, etc). Reloaded Acrobat (version 7) and all the office suit - didn't help.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    Have you gone and UPDATED your OFFICE, including ALL service packs?

3. jamie1949

jamie1949 Thread Starter

Acrobat PDF Maker Server could not be loaded:

Yes, all updates are current.

4. jamie1949

jamie1949 Thread Starter

I discovered, after a lot of work, that this is a flaw in Acrobat 7.1 update. This update cannot find previously installed drivers for Adbobe PDF converter. Adobe has no fix for this problem as they are not interested in previous versions of Adobe Acrobat, only in selling Acrobat 9.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/857595

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice