1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Acronis TI Warning message

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dougglos, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    In my Acronis TI Home, when I run my daily backup, the schedule starts on time and runs through to "Operation has Succeeded", but each time the Log shows the warnings "File I/O error" and then "System cannot find the File Specified". As the runs are then shown to be completed successfully, perhaps I should not be too concerned, but is there anything I can do to prevent the warnings appearing? Thanks.

2. raybro

raybro

Are you talking full backup images or data backups? Running daily full backup images or incremental backups can use up a LOT of HDD space. Have you looked to see if your storage drive is full?

Have you ran validation checks on the images? If so, I assume they passed. If not, I suggest you do so.

BTW... Daily backups with Acronis will use up a lot of space and really is not necessary. You can backup your files (which are what generally changes daily) on a daily basis using other programs (free ones, too) which will not use up any where near as much space. I run an incremental backup about once a moth to catch things like Windows updates and security program updates (firewall, spyware definitions, AV definitions, etc.)

3. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Am running data backups and the storage drive is only approximately one-third full, so no problem there.
    Unfortunately, being fairly new to Acronis, I don't know what validation checks are!
    I will try to get some guidance on other programs available. Thanks.

4. raybro

raybro

Look under Tools for Validate backup archive

5. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Have run validation checks - appear to be OK. Have also run my daily backups routine a couple of times without receiving the error message re I/O errors, so hope this has cleared. Will keep an eye on things. Many thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032433

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice