1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Acronis

Discussion in 'General Security' started by myrna83, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. myrna83

myrna83 Thread Starter

I would like to buy something to back up my system. I think acronis takes a picture of it and can restore it should anything happen. my monitor just went black a few minutes ago and I don't want to take a chance on losing everything. is acronis still a good product. sometimes things change. can it restore all my info. does it take a picture of the system? I would appreciate any info. thanks in advance
    mo

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    You can use Acronis and an External Hard Drive to make an "Image" of your HD .. Even if it wont boot ..

You can recover from an Acroins Image .. Or even read the "Image" to recover files.

But, You'll need a monitor to run Acronis.
    Sounds like your only option is to run the HD in another computer .. To Image it.

Does the monitor display during Bootup .. or is it totally dead ?????

3. myrna83

myrna83 Thread Starter

thanks for the quick answer. my monitor started to work right away again. I just turned off the computer and turned it back on and everthing is working. it just scared me b/c my other computers have just died before and I lost everything. I just wanted to be sure that acronis was a good product. which one would you buy? they have several. I want a product that can restore my whole system if something should happen to it. I think that disk imaging thing is supposed to be good but am not sure. I would appreciate any comments. thanks.
    mo

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Very good .. The Best in my opinion.
    One of These .. They're the same, just different boxes

The Acronis site ... The trial is fully functional for 15 days.

Make sure your external is formatted NTFS

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Some Freeware Suggestions .. Macrium is very popular .. But I've never used it.

How much spare space is in your External HDD .. and is it formatted NTFS ??

6. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Acronis is well rated but just don't count on any technical support... [​IMG]

7. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

But so many knowledgeable people here have Acronis that this is probably the best place to go for tech support, anyway. ;)

8. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Didn't I see that Acronis is a Member of this forum ???
    I hope he doesn't see this .. He'll probably also point us to the ATI forum.

But, I think we can handle the small stuff :D

9. Phantom010

They have a hard time giving technical support to people asking for it on their website or by e-mail, but still, they manage to find time to help out here! [​IMG]

10. Phantom010

I agree. The few times I have actually received and answer, about a month later, the instructions were useless. [​IMG]

11. AcronisSupport

AcronisSupport Account Closed

Hello all!

Let me introduce myself: my name is Yana and I'm writing you on behalf of Acronis Customer Central.

First of all I'd like to thank you for your comments. We appreciate your kind feedback regarding the product itself and glad that it meets your needs.

Thank you for your sincere comments regarding support. We believe that every customer that complaints is giving us an opportunity to make things right. And since we incorporate this feedback into our approach, we will be better able to meet clients needs and thereby be more successful in our venture. I sincerely regret about the inconvenience you have faced with support, and completely understand how upsetting this situation can be. From our end I would like to assure you that we are working hard on improving it, and you can always contact us for immediate ongoing support via chat, webform or phone. You can find the detailed instructions how to do it here.

As Noyb already mentioned, I'd also like to offer you our assistance on Acronis Forum. Joining our Forum Community may speed up the process of finding an answer greatly!

Should you need anything else or have any further questions - feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience, we will be happy to help you!

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920120

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice