1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Activation Key Is Invalid Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by PleaseKillMe, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PleaseKillMe

PleaseKillMe Thread Starter

Hello people, recently i made a post on my netbook's problem to activate windows, when I used Vista, unfortunately i couldn't. Well yesterday i updated my computer to Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, i tried to
    activate windows but at the point i give my product key, it says that the key i typed is not a windows 7 one. Any ideas?

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Where did you get windows 7 from ?

3. Rockn

Rockn

Where did you get the key and what product is the key for?

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

Is your copy of windows 7 ultimate an actual dvd with a legit COA sticker or was this downloaded?if its a legit copy of windows 7 you might have to call microsoft and go from there. its very easy to mix up the numbers and letters. Bs for 8s etc. if you downloaded windows 7 you will have to buy an actual legit copy with a legal COA sticker.your computer specs say you have vista home basic sp2. if you used the vista key its certainly not going to activate and thats why you are having a problem.

5. PleaseKillMe

I see, so my computer is not compatible with windows 7?

6. valis

valis Moderator

dunno if your computer is compatible or not, but obviously your activation key is not.

as all the others have asked, where did you get this copy of W7 and the activation key from?

7. PleaseKillMe

Oh, I bought it , from a tech-store here in kozani. The tech store is called Multirama. I am pretty sure the numbers-letter i type are correctly typed. Could I perhaps try an illegal crack ?

8. valis

valis Moderator

Almost definitely. Call Microsoft and verify that the numbers are good.

9. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

If you try an illegal cracked version or use a hacked product key of windows 7 you certainly wont get any help on here. as was advised above if what you bought was truly legal and legit call microsoft and they will straighten things out for you.

10. valis

valis Moderator

Misread this the first time.

As sueohio stated, no, you cannot try an illegal crack. What you CAN do is call MS to verify that the OS you purchased is legal; if it is, they will work with assisting you get it registered. If it isn't, take it back to where you purchased it and request a valid disk.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1008661