1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Ad-Aware not working?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by cycler, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cycler

cycler Thread Starter

I'm not sure if this is the right category but today I attempted to use Ad-Aware and it said that updates were available so I clicked to download - they did but then it closed and refused to re-open. I uninstalled it but does anyone know if it is still a viable scanner?

Thanks!

2. karbo

karbo Banned

Forget about it. You should get SuperAntiSpyware or Malwarebytes instead. Also add SpywareBlaster.

3. cycler

cycler Thread Starter

I've already got Malwarebytes and SpywareBlaster. Do I still need SuperAntiSpyware?

Thanks!

4. karbo

karbo Banned

Not necessarily. Malwarebytes is well reputable.

5. cycler

cycler Thread Starter

Thanks!

6. perfume

perfume Banned

Hello there,Dear Karbo,
    what's the problem with Ad-Aware (free)? is it the lack of Updates? Or do you find the same "TIA family adware found"---annoying? Clarify please! The first post in this forum is talking about Ad-Aware Anniversary edition release too!:confused:

7. karbo

karbo Banned

For me, Ad-Aware has been surpassed a long time ago by favorites like SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes.

Let's just say it has let me down a few times before (not seeing things others would, update problems,...). I just don't trust it anymore.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/792613