Solved: Ad Hoc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pehbond

Dear fellow IT experts.

I hope someone can help.. i am trying to connect a Vista laptop to a Xp PC. When i connect the two via a cat 5 cable the XP machine will not connect properly as it does not addign a address to the vista machine. how can i get past this problem with out having to put in a IP address in teh xp machine as when i tried that the vista machine wont connect and share and resourses.

cheers guys

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
For a simple connection like this, why don't you want to assign a static IP? But if you want the XP box to serve up IPs, you need to make it a DHCP server which I feel is more work than just assigning static IPs on the same subnet.

pehbond

cheers guys that got it working with the ics. i should have known that... oh well cheers again

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Thanks for the feedback, glad it worked out for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online