1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Solved] Adaware 6 Complete Reference Guide

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Red Boy, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Red Boy

Red Boy Thread Starter

Winchester 73, or anyone: I have just downloaded Adaware and configured and ran consistent with Winchester 73's Guide. Everything went well. The scan found 11 Registry Keys and 3 Files, which appear benign. However, I have not been able to Quarantine. I have run the scan three times and tried three times to Quarantine, but have been unsuccessful. I know I must be doing something wrong. While I can view the Logfile upon completion of scan, I seem to be goofing when it comes to having the detected items placed in Quarantine. When I go to Quarantine, after the scan, they are not there. I have ignored hitting the Quarantine button, as suggested, but there is still nothing in Quarantine. I have hit the Quarantine button after another scan, and still nothing.

What am I doing wrong that the 14 items identified cannot be found in Quarantine?

Red Boy :confused:

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

3. Red Boy

Red Boy Thread Starter

Thanks, xgerryx, but that's not it. When I get to the "Scanning Results" screen, I have three options: Quarantine, Show Log File and Next. It seems like none of these options will allow me to Quarantine these files. It would seem that I can put these 14 items on the "Excludes" list, though, but not on the Quarantine list. I am wondering if the "Excludes" list would serve the same purpose as the Quarantine? That is, place in "Excludes" and then when I am satified that computer is running fine, "Remove" from "Excludes" list.

I just can't help but feel that there is something I am just not doing right or do not understand when I arrive at Scanning Results screen.

Additional thoughts would be appreciated from anyone.

Red Boy

4. hewee

hewee

5. winchester73

winchester73

Do you have the auto-quarantine turned "on"?

6. Red Boy

Red Boy Thread Starter

That did it, Hewee. I am not sure exactly what I was doing wrong, but the illustrations did it. I followed same and it would seem that my "mini" brain grasped. It worked fine.

Thanks to all of you guys, especially you and Winchester73 for providing details for the "mentally maladroit" like myself.

Thanks again, guys.

Red Boy

7. winchester73

winchester73

Eric the Red deserves the credit ...

Glad your problem is solved.

8. hewee

hewee

Glad you got things fixed Red Boy. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice