Solved: Add Adobe Flash 10 on Netbook?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Martjean2

Hi there,
I'm looking for info.
I want to listen to radio on my netbook (Lenovo s10-2) and was wondering if by downloading Adobe Flash 10 to operate on my netbook would slow it down or do you think it would even work. Most of Adobe is configured to work with IE. I don't have that installed and don't really want to becaause it's a hog.
What do you suggest? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Martjean2

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
What are the specs of the netbook? It should work just fine as long as you meet the system requirements.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you do not have IE installed, then what browser are you using?
Did you uninstall IE?

Martjean2

Hi DaveA,
No, I didn't uninstall IE.
The Lenovo came with Win7 starter so basically I can surf the web. I did find a solution and it seems to be working now.
Thanks.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Windows 7 Starter is going to be your source of a lot issues. It is a very stripped down version and very limited as to what it can do.

Martjean2

DaveA,
You're so right. I know Windows 7 starter is stripped down, but I don't need it to work like my laptop. I don't plan on doing a lot with it. Mostly just to travel with and check email. It was so cheap, I couldn't pass up buying it.
Anyway, thanks for the input and the heads-up.

Martjean2

Cheeseball81,
Thanks for the reply. I have win7 starter on there and I'm just learning of my limitations on this thing. I will have to look a bit more closely before panicking.
Tks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online