Solved: Adding a cd/dvd burner

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

barjo4

In relation to my post on burn speeds with the HP Pavilion a1410y, I am thinking of adding a cd/dvd burner to the expansion bay. I am assuming the original is an IDE version. (I have an unused Asus burner and it is a SATA version and it is different than the internal burner I have in the HP as OEM)
Do I need anything additional? There are spare connectors in the back of the PC.

Any suggestions for what to uy would be useful, although I am leaning to a correct Asus.
Thanks, John

Oddba11

Jim
It's My Birthday!
All you need is a free data port (ie: IDE or SATA) and power cable, plus of course an empty drive bay. If the PC only has IDE ports, then you will need an IDE burner.

barjo4

Thank you. I have replaced a few of these but I have not tried to add one. After i posted this, I found a drive to buy at Newegg. There is another cable from the one plugged into the existing drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online