1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Adding Bluetooth to a radio

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Taras49, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Taras49

Taras49 Thread Starter

Is there anyway to add something to my radio, maybe something to plug into the additional speaker slot, that will allow me to listen to my radio on a bluetooth wireless speaker?

2. Taras49

Taras49 Thread Starter

I'm assuming that with 114 views and no replies that my question was just so stupid that it didn't merit a response. I guess I'll hard wire the speakers.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I thought the question was interesting, not stupid. But, seems unlikely to me, as "bluetooth" implies a driver, and I don't know how to install a driver on a radio. But, since there are computers (at least CPUs) crammed into almost everything these days I had better not say that it is impossible. Especially as you didn't give any hint about the radio brand/model.

For an "off beat" item like that I would search Cyberguys.com.

4. Taras49

Taras49 Thread Starter

I am buying an internet Sirius satellite table top radio for my wife. I was going to buy an additional “Bose” wireless speaker with the hope of enabling her to take the speaker from room to room. The “Bose” speaker is Bluetooth. I’m not that tech savvy but I think that it might be something cool to invent, if not already invented; plug into an aux audio slot and have it transmitted via Bluetooth. No?

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Bluetooth has a short range. She wouldn't be able to take the speaker far from the radio even if it supported some type of Bluetooth connection.

6. buffoon

buffoon

Sure.

You need a bluetooth wireless audio transmitter though. That plugs into your radio and sends the audio signal to your (bluetooth) speaker.

Check for signal compatibility first though. Bose likes to go "dedicated".

7. Hajy

Hajy

you can use sennheiser TB 300 3.5 jack or TB 300 USB

8. Taras49

Taras49 Thread Starter

Great advice; thank you all. I'll be doing some more research and decide if the additional cost ($75 or so) merits the purchase. Once again, thank all

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice