1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: adding gmail to outlook express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Margstertz, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Margstertz

Margstertz Thread Starter

Hi, I'm getting a new ISP I have dial up and SP email . I would like to add my gmail address to outlook express without removing the ISP before I change. I am also getting another lap top with windows 7 I like outlook express so I will get most of my mail on this PC. I will be getting wireless.
    Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to do this. It would be much appreciated.
    I don't understand tech. language and that's always the language used in instructions.LOL:eek:

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Login to your gmail account on the web.
    Click the settings link in the upper right.
    Click the forwarding and pop/imap link.
    Select Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
    Click configuration instructions and select outlook express.
    Follow those instructions to setup outlook express.
    *Important* Make sure you click save changes on the gmail web page before you exit.

3. Margstertz

Margstertz Thread Starter

Leroys1000, Thanks again. I got all the way to following instructions to set up outlook express. clicked getting started and it took me back to the beginning. Did it all again then clicked verify didn't understand the settings there and so I gave up. I guess I will have to get someone else to do it for me. I can usually follow instructions, yours were easy to follow it was the next ones that got me!LOL Hey im 72 what can you expect!!!
    Thanks again
    Marg (Stertzy)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!