1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Adding info onto a Disc ?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Pacalis, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pacalis

Pacalis Thread Starter

Hello everyone.
    I am using" Nero Express 6", I previously had an older version and I was able to add images/data to a disc. But using "Nero Express 6" , I receive a "Read Only" prompt when I try to add to a disc. Is there someway to set up "Nero" to enable adding to a disc? Or some other way to get around this? Or do I have to keep creating "New" discs?
    Thanks for your assistance.:)

2. Moby

Moby

When you say you were able to add stuff to a disc, do you mean you were able to drag and drop or move to the disc without opening the nero programme? If so then you would have been using the INCD part of Nero which needs to be installed seperately.
    This is not the most reliable way of putting files onto CD and especially not good if it is the only means by which you back stuff up to CD.

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Do you have a check mark in the box for the "Allow files to be added later (multisession disc)" option. It should be in the "Final Burn Settings" screen right under the writing speed and number of copies setting.

4. Pacalis

Pacalis Thread Starter

Hello CWWOZNIAK & MOBY. Thank You for your response.
    Moby, I did have the Nero version that allowed you to "drag & drop"(In Cd). This version doesn't seem to have this option.
    CWWOZNIAK, when I go to the "Final Burn Session" the "Multi session " box is grayed out and not able to be checked.
    Any thoughts on how to rectify this?
    Thanks Again!!

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Not sure about the option being grayed out. Do you have a blank CD in the drive? Maybe it is grayed out if you have all ready burned files to the disc in the drive without the box being checked.

--
    ChucK W.

6. Moby

Moby

Only using the INCD part of Nero will give you back the operation you were used to. Multisessions or the ability to add files to a disc later using Nero/nero Express can only be performed on discs that were created as a multisession disc in the first place using these programmes. You start with a blank disc, check the 'allow files to be added' box, then later you can add files.
    You are may well be eligible for a free download of INCD.There are many OEM versions of Nero/Express, it may ask you for the serial number of your Nero, but if it installs ok then you were eligible.
    I would recommend you get used to multisession discs though and not use INCD for reliability and safety of your burned data.

Here's the page to get it from if you want to stick with it.
    Please check that your version number of Nero Express starts with number 6 or this page is the wrong download page. You will have to dig deeper for upgrades to other version numbers of Nero.
    http://www.nero.com/nero6/eng/nero-up.php

7. Pacalis

Pacalis Thread Starter

Thank You MOBY , the link you provided as well as your advice has explained to me how to use it correctly. I appreciate your time and knowledge.(y)
    Thank You !!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!