Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Adding text to scanned forms.

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  slurpee55 
#1 ·
I use a common file in the blank type form for business applications. I can scan the document and save as jpg file,etc. What I need to do is add answers in the blank areas of the form, not change the existing for,, but add responses, etc. in the lined blank areas of the form and save it online. Sounds pretty common, ....rather than print the form out, then add the responses by hand, I would like to do it via software, etc. HOW? READ NEXT RESPONSE< might make this a little clearer...thanks again.

#2 ·
I use a common generic form, in the blank fill in the blank type for business applications. I can scan the document and save as jpg file,etc. What I need to do is add answers in the blank areas of the form, not change the existing form,, but add responses, etc. in the lined blank areas of the form and save it to the computer for re-use,etc.. Sounds pretty common, ....rather than print the form out, then add the responses by hand, I would like to do it via software, etc. HOW?

#3 ·
Since you are saving it as a jpg, it is an image and you will need graphics software of some sort (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro) - but even then you will find you are probably putting a layer of text over the original picture (which is a different layer) so you will have to save the whole as one layer.
Much, much easier not to save it as a picture format in the first place.

#5 ·
Two free tools with which I am familiar handily do this; Foxit Reader & PDF-X-change Viewer.

Each have their own tool-set & limitations, but for what you want to do- they work well. I would recommend the free version of PDF X-change Viewer, because you can save the resultant file for later reference (Foxit Reader allows you to fill-in the blanks and print the file, but saving the file adds a watermark that you don't want (Their paid version eliminates the watermark).

PDF X-change Viewer allows you to save the resultant file to .pdf and no watermark-- the form can also be printed. (They also have a paid version- both well worth the small price you pay--- However, the free version of PDF X-change Viewer allows you to fill in the blanks, readily).
http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer

letchworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.