Solved: Adding to "send to" folder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pfoerste

I have added some folders & a drive to the "send to" folder and they are listed. But when I right click on a file or folder they are not listed in the options in the drop down box.

I right click and drag the folder and drop it in the "send to" folder and select to copy and/or shortcut and it puts it there.

What am I doing wrong? That's the way I did it in 98.

Thanks.

pfoerste

Thanks for the reply DoubleHeilx. That's a good anchor.

Do you mean the one located at:
c:\Doc's. & settings\(user name)\send to That's where I put them, is there another send to file?

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
That sounds like it should have worked.

Try this and see if you get any different results.

Start > Run > Sendto
File > New > Shortcut

pfoerste

Thanks WhitPhil, that worked. But it went to c:\doc's & settings\administrator\send to

What ever works.

Thanks.

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
You must have been logged into the administrator account??

If you wish, you can fix it from Explorer by browsing to the {user} sendto and doing the same File > New

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
That's great!!

Can you use Thread Tools at the top of this thread, to mark it as being Solved.

Tx

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online