1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Admin account password expired

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BusterT, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BusterT

BusterT Thread Starter

My daughter's laptop is running windows 7 home edition. My wife and I set up an admin account when we purchased it w few years ago. Today when trying to download a malware detection program, it asks for admin account password and it says it has expired. Seems strange as we updated the password less than 3 months ago. The laptop only has my daughter's non-admin account and the one admin acct.

What options do we have to regain admin account access?

Thanks

2. BusterT

BusterT Thread Starter

Well, I feel a bit silly, but realize now that if I reboot and select the admin account, it asks me to reset my expired password. I reset PW, set up an additional admin account in case I actually ever do get locked out of the first one, and disabled the password expiration feature.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1093376

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice