1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Administrative Privileges

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by cmvu, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cmvu

cmvu Thread Starter

Hi! It's cmvu again.

I have a new problem this time. The problem is that when I tried to install Vodafone Mobile Connect on my pc I get this error message :

"Administrative privileges are required in order to install Vodafone Mobile Connect on Windows 2000 SP4 or on Windows XP SP2. The installer will now exit."

The problems is I am logged in as administrator. I also created a new user with administrative privileges & used this new account to install but also have the same error message.

I installed another software called windows washer and is able to do it.

By the way, I am using Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 1

2. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

Try upgrading to Service Back 2 as installer quotes, "Administrative privileges are required in order to install Vodafone Mobile Connect on Windows 2000 SP4 or on Windows XP SP2. The installer will now exit."

3. cmvu

cmvu Thread Starter

I tried to install service pack 2 but got this error message :

AN INTERNAL ERROR OCCURRED.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Since you're running a very out-of-date Windows installation, chances are high that there's some type of malware infection on the computer. You need to post the required information in the Malware forum here and have someone check your system before you try to install a service pack.

You should also back up your data since the process of cleaning and updating your computer does carry risk.

5. cmvu

cmvu Thread Starter

I think I'll just reinstall & finished with it. Thanks & I'll keep you guys posted.

Regards

6. cmvu

cmvu Thread Starter

Hey guys,

Just to inform, I closed all applications, installed Service Pack 3, reinstalled AVG & Adaware, scanned & deleted some trojans & everything is ok now.

Thanks & regards

cmvu

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758148

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice