Solved: Administrator issues after virus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tpoke

Recently I was infected with some pretty nasty viruses but was able to clean them out. I was left with some pretty strange problems though. Whenever I go to use a program, it asks "what program would you like to open this with" and this is true for every action I try to take. For example, I tried changing my screen resolution and when I clicked on the display settings, it asks me what I want to open it with. Many problems I was able to get around by right clicking and "running as administrator" but this was not a perfect fix. Recently, I tried installing Fallout 3....I had to run setup as administrator but it stopped very early on in the installation..I assume it was requiring administrative permission to access a installation file but I could not figure out how to get around this. Any help on this would be great...Im lost. Thanks:)

Also, I activated the administrative account in Vista to see if the problems persisted there and they did.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online