1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Administrator problem

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by fpat, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fpat

fpat Thread Starter

When I installed Wiin8 I don't recall having an opportunity to set up an administrator account. Is there some way to set up this account now? I am prevented from doing some things now due to lack of admin credentials.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

What kind of account do you have?

I don't remember the exact key strokes but I managed to avoid giving my email and password and now have an account that has my chosen name and picture and shows in User Accounts as

You cannot add another account I assume.

3. fpat

fpat Thread Starter

Tnx for the response, TerryNet. I did manage to change my personal account so that it comes up automatically and does not require a password, but have not been able to set up an administrator account or do anything that requires admin access.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Your account must be an admin account, isn't it?

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Please show a screen shot of the User Accounts - Manage Other Accounts page. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

For comparison mine is attached.

Attached Files:

6. anand1

anand1

7. fpat

fpat Thread Starter

Tnx for the suggestions. Problem solved.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1046573