1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: adobe flash and adobe shockwave ??

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jayd, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jayd

jayd Thread Starter

What's the big difference if any between shockwave player and flash player? I see both in the control panel.

However, one says I have flash player 10, but I have just now downloaded their newest version 10.1. And that's been the second time at least for the same update. ??

The other says I have shockwave player 11.5. Both are Adobe.

By the way, in the control panel and over on the right side, there's a column that lists how often used and also where you can delete a program. But with the new version, altho it's listed as loaded on the left side, the right is blank except for the word delete. In other words, no listing for size like all the other programs.

Attached Files:

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  3. jayd

jayd Thread Starter

Thank You. Question, again. How is it that all things in Add/Remove have size in right column, but this has nothing but delete. It makes me feel as though not everything got downloaded that should have. And also today makes the second time that Adobe Flash gave me the same update to download. Curious.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Not all installed programs and add-ons will have "Size" in the right column, so don't worry about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

5. stantley

stantley

There can be several versions of 10.1 because that's not the complete version number. Look in Add/Remove programs for Adobe Flash Player Plugin (or Active X) and click on "Click here for support information" it will give you the exact version number. Right now the latest version for the plugin is 10.1.102.64.

When you go to the Adobe site it will also give you the exact version number.

6. jayd

jayd Thread Starter

Thanks all. Much appreciated.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/960830

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice