1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Adobe Flash player 10 streaming problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Hopey, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopey

Hopey Thread Starter

Hi,
    I'm running a laptop with Vista.

I updated to Adobe flash player 10.1.53.64 (NPAPI) last month, since then I've noticed a deterioration in the quality of video streaming when using firefox. The videos play fine, i.e. they dont skip or freeze, but the picture quality is poor sometimes pixelated.

When using internet explorer the image quality was crystal clear, but I updated to Adobe Flash Player 10.1.53.64 (ActiveX) yesterday, and now when I use IE the picture quality is just as bad as firefox.

Does anyone know what could be causing this or how to fix it?

Thanks

2. zbd21

zbd21

If I have display problems with Flash Player, what should I do?

If you have display problems with Flash Player, such as poor picture quality or slow display times, deselect Enable Hardware Acceleration in the Display panel. This should eliminate hardware or driver compatibility problems with Flash Player. Flash Player then uses software to scale and display the content.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help01.html

3. Hopey

Hopey Thread Starter

That seems to have worked. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/940930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice