1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Adobe PDF Won't Load in Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Cody24, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cody24

Cody24 Thread Starter

PDF Files won't load in Internet Explorer right away. It gets stuck on like loading 24kb/50 or whatever.

If you hit refresh, then it loads instantly.

This is IE Version 8.0.. I restored settings in IE to default. I uninstalled Adobe and reinstalled it.. I've restarted multiple times. I've ran a virus scan which found nothing.

Played with some Adobe settings... Any other ideas?

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You could consider a much lighter alternative like Foxit Reader. When installing, uncheck the foistware (Ask toolbar) boxes.

3. Cody24

Cody24 Thread Starter

I don't want to go down that road, it's for a client.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Try opening a PDF file after disabling all the add-ons in Internet Explorer, except for Adobe of course. If it helps, re-enable the add-ons one by one until you find the culprit.

5. maky2000

maky2000

Is it Adobe Pro 8 or Adobe Reader 8? if it's Pro 8, configure IE to load using Adobe Reader

6. Cody24

Cody24 Thread Starter

It was Adobe 10.1.2

Turns out problem occured when you use Adobe Reader 10.1.2 to read non Adobe generated pdfs from the web over an SSL connection.

If you downgrade back to 10.1.1 it works fine.. but that also creates security issues if you do that.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1036611