1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Adobe Reader has no menu bar in Win8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Alex Ethridge, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

The title says it. How do I get a menubar. I can't print or even exit Adobe Reader without Ctrl+Alt+Del> End task.

2. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    Not the answer, perhaps, to your question. But you do not need Adobe reader in Windows 8. It has its own built in PDF reader

3. Alex Ethridge

Well, I just assumed it was Adobe Reader. I didn't install Adobe Reader; perhaps the owner did. Still, though, I would like to know how to fix this no-menu problem even if it is Adobe Reader.

I'm not at that location at present; but, I hope to find a solution to try and connect up by remote and see if I can fix it.

The more I am called to work on Windows 8, the more I see the average user needs an on-demand tech at his side at all times. The designers obviously assumed a ridiculously high level of expertise about their users.

4. Rearden

Rearden Banned

Press F9 to display the menu bar.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Strange. I installed Adobe Reader (vers. 10.1.5) and the Menu bar still shows by default. But, Rearden has the solution for you.

6. Alex Ethridge

I Googled and found that same information before posting here. I tried F9 and nothing happened. I tried all the F-keys and nothing happened.

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If it is the included Modern UI READER App that you mistook for the Adobe Reader then you "control" it the same way as other Apps. Exit by pulling the top of the screen (with the mouse pointer) to the bottom. Or leave it running and get back to the Start screen with the <Windows Logo> key.

8. Alex Ethridge

We've got it fixed. Modern UI Reader was the problem. We installed Adobe Reader and now have full functionality.

Thanks for the help.

9. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086698

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice