1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Advanced systemcare problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by caarlyon, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. caarlyon

caarlyon Thread Starter

Hi Yesterday I downloaded a free program called Advanced SystemCare which is supposed to clean off junk files and generally optimise your pc. It took a long time to download and when I went to use it I got a message saying files were damaged. I went through the uninstall process but now, although I cannot find it on my list of programs any more there is still an icon on the lower right screen and when I click upon that it shows a page that must have been their welcome screen. However it is partly whited out and only has a couple of legible words on it. The biggest problem is that I cannot close down my pc, it will not Restart or Turn Off at all (unless of course I use the button on the pc itself). I am using Windows XP. What can I do to fix this please? My computer is running fine otherwise. Thanks for any help. Maggie

2. dotty999

dotty999 Dotty

try doing a search from Start + Search+ All files and folders, input the name and see if anything comes up,then you can delete any file it finds, that type of programme is not recommended, I used it quite a while ago and it caused problems for me! good luck!

3. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

You could also try a system restore to a point where it was not installed.

4. sg09

sg09

right click on that icon in the taskbar and press exit. Open task manager alt+ctrl+del and find in the process tab whether any of the process related to AVC is running. If u find one right click on the process and choose close process. After that try to shut down windows.

5. caarlyon

caarlyon Thread Starter

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR REPLYING. Although I had established a restore point before I downloaded the program the computer wouldn't restore to it or any other restore point. It didn't give a reason. I also tried the Task Manager and it was not running the program. Thanks SG09 and Fabez for your help.
    BINGO though, when I did the Search suggested by Dottie it worked! I am now able to use the usual method to shut down. Thanks Dottie, I certainly won't go there again!! This site is a gem!
    P.S. This is my second try at thanking you, I hope it will post this time. All the best to you Maggie.

6. dotty999

dotty999 Dotty

glad it worked for you Maggie! you learn by your mistakes as I've done several times!:D

7. caarlyon

caarlyon Thread Starter

and I many many times LOL!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/905024