1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Advanced WindowsCare Personal edition

Discussion in 'General Security' started by daggerz, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daggerz

daggerz Thread Starter

Hi, I have been using Advanced WindowsCare Personal edition for some time now and I have found it to be a superb product for keeping my system clean and running fast (i also use other spyware & system optimization products) I ran a full scan with AWC and it found 9 x adware threats. They are:- Adware-NDotnet (x6), htcheck.dll - Topicks, http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.topicks.html adware (x1) 453074928 adware (x1) and 453075474 (x1) I have clicked the "repair" button and AWC does appear to immunize the threats. However when I log back on to my PC after shutting down, AWC finds the exact same threats. I have "immunized" these about 4 times now but still the same happens every time I log back on. I have even uninstalled AWC, then reinstalled AWC but the same thing happens when I log back on - The 9 x threats re-appear. This started happening on Sunday 4th November 07 after I installed a mIRC from www.runesbits.com/mirc for use in chat. I did decide to uninstall the mIRC as it does not have a digital signature and I tend to steer clear of downloading products that do not have a digital signature. I think that the problem lies with the mIRC that I installed but I'm not entirely sure about that. Also, I have not done a "system restore" yet as I'm hoping one of you TechGuys can assist me in this problem and I'm not entirely sure if a "system restore" is the correct path to go down. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. daggerz

daggerz Thread Starter

ive solved the problem so ill close this now

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648855

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice