Solved: Afraid to upgrade to 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rayningtigress

After doing some research on 10, I'm seeing a pros and cons about it. I'm still on 7, and I love my 7.Ii didn't really like 8 when we got my boyfriend his new computer. is 10 more user friendly now?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Kaleen:

I ran Windows 10 Technical Preview for about 2 months before I went back to Windows 7.

It retains a lot of what Windows 8 has, but it's an improvement and hopefully will get better by the time the final public release is available in the fall of this year.

I used the Classic Shell app and did a few registry edits to make it look and run more like Windows 7.

If you really love Windows 7 and want to stick with it, that's fine.

Microsoft will be supporting it until January 2020, so you're good for almost 5 more years.

-----------------------------------------------------------

rayningtigress

That's a sigh of relief for me. I really do hope they fix all the bugs and make it more user friendly. I really wanted to throw my boyfriends laptop every time I used it. To be honest I have really high hope for 10 especially for being able to use Cortana like I've been told we should be able to in 10.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I really wanted to throw my boyfriends laptop every time I used it.
If there are issues with your boyfriend's laptop that you would like us to attempt to resolve, start a new thread in the "Windows 7" section.

Provide a complete description of the laptop and provide details of its issues.

-----------------------------------------------------------

rayningtigress

nah that will be opening a can of worms right now with that computer. i want to work on my computer. He doesnt even like using his computer anyways, he says its too high tech for him.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts