1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: after clicking start on games it crashed to desktop

Discussion in 'Games' started by sadtravels, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sadtravels

sadtravels Thread Starter

when I start any game even games I have been using for over a year the screen goes black as if its going to start but after 2 seconds it crashed back to my desktop---any suggestions please.

2. Jockstar

Jockstar

When was the last time you played these games? One week 2 months or how long? Have you done the usual. Scan virus etc etc.

3. sadtravels

the last time i actually played any games through the dvd-rom was about 2 months ago, 1 of the games i am able to play if i insert it into the dvd-rw drive (rometotal war) but since the problem started i can install anything but not start it. I have checked the drivers and firmware and all is ok, virus scans are done on a regular basis.

4. Jockstar

Jockstar

If you are running Xp. Why not try a restore point when it was last working? Have you deleted something without actually uninstalling it properl?. I have done that before and ****ed up some programs.

5. sadtravels

yeah I have doen the restore and even a system restore, thin k its going to have to go in and be serviced, very frustrating buying a new game and not being able to play it (battlefeild 2)
    thanks for your advice anyway Jockstar

6. Kramer55

Kramer55

What is your video card?
    Do you have the latest drivers?

7. sadtravels

according to my system info it is IntelĀ® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family

8. Kramer55

Kramer55

The video card is your problem; you are trying to play games that are far too advanced for you onboard video card.

Most games will crash after they startup if the computer is not able to handle them.

If you want to play newer games, you are going to have to purchase a new video card.

9. sadtravels

ok thanks

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482230

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice