1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: After deltree directory still exist

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Xynd, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Xynd

Xynd Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

I want to reinstall windows so I boot from boot disk than deltree the c:\Windows.
    I know It gonna take some time so I just left my computer.
    After about 2 hours the computer seem to be freezing as it is still the same when I left it ( nothing tell me that the deleting process has finished)
    I ctrl-alt del then deltree windows again but it say bad command or file name so I assume the directory has been deleted but when I dir, the windows directory still exist.
    How to remove it?

Thank you

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The "bad command or filename" refers to your "deltree" command, not the directory you are trying to delete.

Is the deltree.exe file actually on the boot disk?

3. Xynd

Xynd Thread Starter

Should be, because when I use that command the first time, it ask whether I really want to delete and I answer yes

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

But the error insists that either you either typed the command wrongly or the file is not there. That is the standard DOS error for such an event.

Use the DIR command when at the A:\ prompt to view the files on A:

5. Xynd

Xynd Thread Starter

Well...... when I dir there's no deltree in my floppy.

Silly me.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice