1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Solved] after uninstall xp my ie in me always opens in a new window

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by casper03, Nov 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. casper03

casper03 Thread Starter

since i had to uninstall xp due to compatability problems i have gone back to windows ME. but whenever i use ie 5.5 and i click on any links the new window always opens in a seperate window
    and it is minimized, which on the face of it may not seem that bad
    but after five weeks its getting on my nerves.

footnote: i have tried all the things i can think of like checking ie settings.

2. Dan O

Dan O

Have you tried opening IE selecting Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab, and clicking the Restore Default button?

3. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

When the second window opens, close the first and then grab the sides of the second and drag it to the size that you want. Dont use maiximize. Then close it. It should come back maximized. The idea is to bypass the restore. It is possible to set the main window in IE to open as you want but there isnt anyway to set the the others.

4. casper03

casper03 Thread Starter

WOW DOYCEJ you are my new best freind ive tried many other forums for weeks and nobody even hinted at something like that
    when i open my links now every thing is max again:

thanks for replying dan O

this my new forum and ill be telling all my group members
    about it once again many thanks

5. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Your welcome and thank you from both of us. :)

6. casper03

casper03 Thread Starter

just wanted to let you guys now i have notified my group members of this great site so you should have few more members soon.

7. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Everyones welcome. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59589

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice