1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: AGP Video Card Reading As A PCI Card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by washamur, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. washamur

washamur Thread Starter

I recently upgraded my video card and now all of a sudden it is showing as a PCI card in my Properties & Device Manager menus.

I went from a Ti4200 which read as a AGP card to a FX5500 OC

Other system specs:

DFI LanParty nf3 350Gb Mobo
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Processor
    769MB DDR PC2100 RAM

Any suggestions on how to fix? -thanks

2. obvious

obvious

is this reducing performance or interfering with driver/game installations? if it isnt, its not a problem.

as for the misidentification, its probably due to the fact that the AGP bus is VERY similar to the PCI bus, so nothing we can do as far as i know im afraid.

3. washamur

washamur Thread Starter

Yeah, Medal of Honor Pacific Assault was quite choppy ... but I believe I found a fix.

I found a new GART driver to install and the card now reads AGP 8X -- started MOHPA and found it to be much more pleasant on the eyes. ;)

Thanks for the response .. I love this forum -- TONS of information!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice