Solved: AGP Video Card Reading As A PCI Card?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

washamur

I recently upgraded my video card and now all of a sudden it is showing as a PCI card in my Properties & Device Manager menus.

I went from a Ti4200 which read as a AGP card to a FX5500 OC

Other system specs:

DFI LanParty nf3 350Gb Mobo
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Processor
769MB DDR PC2100 RAM

Any suggestions on how to fix? -thanks

is this reducing performance or interfering with driver/game installations? if it isnt, its not a problem.

as for the misidentification, its probably due to the fact that the AGP bus is VERY similar to the PCI bus, so nothing we can do as far as i know im afraid.

washamur

Yeah, Medal of Honor Pacific Assault was quite choppy ... but I believe I found a fix.

I found a new GART driver to install and the card now reads AGP 8X -- started MOHPA and found it to be much more pleasant on the eyes. ;)

Thanks for the response .. I love this forum -- TONS of information!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online