1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Alarming Download Error & Problem!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Galleherjazz, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galleherjazz

Galleherjazz Thread Starter

When I click to download something from the Internet (say, a software install file or a BitTorrent file), I get either or both of the following: 1) a prompt with a red X and loud clunk sound, announcing ERROR IN DOWNLOAD GROUP; 2) when the download panel comes up--which it does even after the error prompt--I click on it and nothing happens: the button depresses but the download does not begin. Luckily I have a download manager (Free Download Manager) which does, however, take the download.

My browser is Explorer 6.

I have recently been running some registry tweaking programs. I could do a system restore, I suppose, but always hate to do this--either it won't do the restore, or I will have lost other changes I wish to retain.

Does anyone know about such a problem and how to overcome it??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Galleherjazz

Galleherjazz Thread Starter

Like many of the mysteries of PCs, this problem remedied itself. Perhaps a reboot fixed it, whatever, who knows...I can now download without any difficulty.

Thanks, guys and gals, for reading this. I will mark this thread as SOLVED.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486210

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice