1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Alfa network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Kadir, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kadir

Kadir Thread Starter

I bought wireles adaptor called Alfa network awus036h since I do not have one in my desktop.
    when I plug in the device to the desktop it automatically installs a driver and it says ready to use but on a taskbar wireless indecator red cross on it saying no connection is avilabe. when I check the device's driver it says this device works properly. I ran troubleshoot a result is it says something is wrong with devic's driver and then I downloaded last version but the problem is the same.
    I tried to check the device on another comp right next to my one and it works just fine no any problems at all very strong signal.
    I have desktop emachines running windows 7 ultimate.

2. warrior19

warrior19

3. Kadir

Kadir Thread Starter

yep i tried to download from the website it's still the same. on the other comp runs win 7 too.

4. warrior19

warrior19

Can you make sure the USB adapter is NOT connected and the Alfa software is fully uninstalled. If possible use Revo Uninstaller from http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

Use this tool to ensure the Alfa drivers are completely removed then reboot the PC.

When the PC starts up try pressing F8 then choose Safe Mode with Networking.

Then install the newest Windows 7 drivers from the Alfa website.

Then connect the USB adapter?

My theory being something is conflicting with the install so a clean/safe mode installation may work.

Let us know?

5. Kadir

Kadir Thread Starter

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you very much!!!
    I'm just curious what was the reason?

6. warrior19

warrior19

Just sometimes if you install a non compliant driver(for example for XP or Vista) and then try the correct Windows 7 driver there may be parts of the old driver still installed and normal un-install does not remove it fully. So my suggestion is use a tool revo that removes all traces in registry, folders etc etc then install a clean copy of the correct driver.

Glad it worked. Please MARK SOLVED on 1st page of this issue.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!