1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: All brightness settings seemed to have disappeared from Windows 7.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by St3, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. St3

St3 Thread Starter

So I am using an Acer Aspire One Netbook on Windows 7 64 bit. Recently I tried to lower my brightness using the Fn + left and right arrows and nothing happened. I tried updating my video drivers and I also updated the Acer launcher that handles the function buttons. All the other function buttons work. Then I went to adjust the brightness manually and to my surprise it is like brightness was deleted from Windows 7 completely. It is not in control panel. It's not in the god mode folder that I have. It's not under windows search. It does not dim like it used to when I unplug my netbook (I have it set to half brightness when unplugged) and the option to set brightness under power settings isn't even there anymore. The only thing I can think of is the last windows update that might have caused it. I've attached a screenshot of the updates I've recently installed. Not sure hot to handle this one but I am going nuts even using F.lux trying to work using full brightness. Somehow brightness just vanished from my system. I also will get terrible battery life because of this. Any help would be appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 877 @ 1.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 8028 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1924 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 460453 MB, Free - 17569 MB;
    Motherboard: Acer, Mimic
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Attached Files:

2. St3

St3 Thread Starter

Solved it myself. Uninstalled my monitor under device manager and it seems to work again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!