1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: All games freeze or crash

Discussion in 'Games' started by NatoSky, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NatoSky

NatoSky Thread Starter

Hi,

Please help!

I am having a problem for two days now with my games either freezing or crashing. It only happens with games, and it is all fine with videos, and other software.

It all started two days ago when I was playing Skyrim. The game crashed, but I was tired and stopped playing that day. Next day I tried to play again 3 times, and it would log my game, but 10 seconds after loading it, it would freeze and then give me a black screen, then back to the frozen screen, black, etc. After that, the 4th and 5th time I tried to launch the game, it wouldn't even launch. It would give me a white screen, and I would hear the music in the background. I thought the problem was with Skyrim, so I decided to Play Shogun 2 Total War, and as soon as my game loaded, it froze and kicked me back to the desktop. I tried again with Shogun 2 Total War, and same result the second time. I then tried Civilization V, and it did the same with that game. I then decided to try Napoleon Total War, and this time instead of a freeze, it gave me a BSOD.

I went through Steam and verified the in the Local Files Verified the Integrity of Game Cache, and it all came out fine.

At that time, I decided to check my Windows Updates, and my computer is up to date, with the latest update being the same night I started having problems (Don't know if there is relation there or not).

I checked my ENVIDIA updates, and there was an update that I needed to do, so I updated my driver to GeForce 320.49 , and tried the games again, but all still froze or crashed.

I ran the Windows Malicious Removal Tool, and it came all fine.

I also ran sfc/scannow in the cmd, and result was: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I tried disabling Windows Defender (which was the latest Windows Update) and still nothing.

I went to msconfig and disabled all startup, restarted, still same.
    I disabled all but Microsoft services in msconfig, restarted, still same.

I disabled my sound card, still no fix.

I went to my advanced system settings, to the performance settings and adjusted them for best performance, and still no fix.

I checked the Event Viewer, and I tons of Warnings and Errors. Most of them are nvlddmkm errors, so I did all the steps mentioned in:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Fix-the-Nvlddmkm-Error/

Still after doing all of those, nothing fixed my problem.

At the moment, I have run out of solutions that I have read in several forums online. I don't know what else I can do. Any help is greatly appreciated. :D

I have attached both my DxDiag and Event Viewer as txt files

thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

Looking at your DXDiag I see the PC is a Dell, can you give us the Dell Service Tag number of the machine we we can look up the exact system specs.

Is the PC fully standard or have you changed or upgraded any hardware since you got it?

Can you download and install HWMonitor (its free). Run the program and screenshot it with your PC just sat at the desktop. If you can run any games, leave HWMonitor running and run a game for a couple of minutes then exit and screenshot HWMonitor again, post the two screenshots in a reply here.

3. NatoSky

NatoSky Thread Starter

Service tag is 9x5jvl1
    I don't know if the computer has had any upgrades in hardware since I got this pc as a gift from a friend of mine about two months ago.

I ran the program and took both screenshots. The second screen shot I took right after the game crashed.

Attached Files:

4. NatoSky

NatoSky Thread Starter

I exchanged the video card and the problem was solved

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1104365

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice