1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: All OpenGL Features in Photoshop CS5 not working

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by photogirlpage, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. photogirlpage

photogirlpage Thread Starter

I installed Photoshop CS5 last week and began my tutorials on Adobe to learn how to access all the 'What's New' featues in Photoshop CS5. It didn't take long to realize these functions were not available to me. The short-cuts don't work or the options are grayed out.
    I have contacted NVIDIA, Adobe, and NAPP Help Desk (as I am a member of NAPP) with no results in solving my problem.

The video card I have is on the approved list with Adobe and everyone at Adobe and NAPP says it should work and access all features in Photoshop. NVIDIA SAYS I NEED A QUADRO FX 1800 video cared. NAPP people say "NO". I don't need that expensive a card.

SO, To the best of my ablity, here is the information you may need to assist/help me. I sure hope someone out there can help.

I may need to upgrade my current video card, NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT (with latest updated drivers) to MAXAMIZE all functions of Photoshop CS5 without overkill.

My OS is:
    Windows XP Home Edition SP3 32 bit
    Intel (R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU
    E6850 @ 3.00GHz
    3.00 GHz
    4GG RAM

I believe the video card I have is not allowing me to access any of the new features in Photoshop. (With or without OpenGL feature checked or unchecked) They are either grayed out or the short cuts don’t work. I need you to advise me if this line of thinking is correct. The tools I have tried and can’t access are:
    Rotate View tool,
    Sampling Ring,
    HUE Color Picker,
    Drag and Drop from Mini Bridge.
    3D View of the New Bristle Brushes
    (None of these functions are NOW available to me at this time. AND these are just the ones I tried, so, I have no hope any of the other features would work, either.)

Do any of you have a clue as to what I should do?
    Is it just a setting within the card, itself.

I have reviewed all I need to within Photoshop CS5 (per Adobe and NAPP advice) and everything is as it should be as far as the correct boxes checked or unchecked for accessing these features.

Thanks.................

Unavailable tools:
    Rotate View tool,
    Sampling Ring,
    HUE Color Picker,
    Drag and Drop from Mini Bridge.
    3D View of the New Bristle Brushes
    And the rest of the ones I haven’t tried, yet.

2. photogirlpage

photogirlpage Thread Starter

I completely uninstalled my drivers and re-installed them This fixed the problem.........

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!